Saturday, June 23, 2007

Motorcycle Wreck

I had a motorcycle wreck yesterday. I just got my motorcycle back from the shop and was really excited about riding again after about a month and a half hiatus. I got new tires and I wasn't quite used to riding. I took a turn to quickly when leaving the interstate and I wasn't able to slow down quick enough. I slide in the grass. I have some very nice road rash on my left arm. My helmet is all scratched up, but I didn't hurt my head at all.

It's amazing how a few seconds can seem like a long time. As I am falling and sliding, I remember thinking, "wow, helmets really do work well."

2 comments:

Jill said...

Hope your okay. I don't have to tell you to be careful, do I?

Kat Coble said...

Wow! I'm glad you're okay.

I'm also right glad you were wearing that helmet.