Sunday, April 08, 2007

The Mundane

There is a lot going on for me right now and my life is pretty much turned upside down. All that is going on is too crazy for a blog right now, but I want to blog so I will blog about the little things. I have a puppy who is driving me crazy. He is very cute, loves to play with me, but he whines when I am not playing with him and has razor teeth. I went to see Blades of Glory the other night, I had coupons so I took a friend from the office with me; I just didn't want to go alone. It was weird telling some guy, "hey, I got coupons, you want to go to the movies with me?"
I used to enjoy being alone, but not so much right now. I used to long to be able to go walking by myself and not have to explain myself. Sometimes you just want to be alone, but I've had alot of that now. Now when I am alone my thoughts run wild and I think about all kinds of things over and over again. I can't afford cable or I would get so at least I would have new things to think about. I get my news from my phone now which of course has very limited information.
I have been re-reading Harry Potter-Book I. There is a lot that is missed when you read that book after reading all of the others. I think that I have found some serious plot problems, but I am not sure until I read book three again.

5 comments:

Kat Coble said...

Yeah, so how am I NOT going to respond to this? ;-p

Dogs, BoG & Harry Potter? Geez.

First off, is this a new puppy? What kind of puppy is it? How old is he? You know I LOVE new babies. (And in my world puppies are the best new babies because they don't come with college tuition...)

Second, What did you think of Blades of Glory? I don't see myself getting too excited about it, but now that I know it has Will Arnett I kind of want to see it just out of some sort of Arrested Development fangirl geekery.

And then last but not least...Harry Potter.

Plot Holes? What Plot Holes? I'm on my spring re-read right now and am about 15% of the way through Goblet. I'm hard-pressed to think of any plot holes in SS.

As far as escapist reading goes, Harry Potter is the best thing for what ails you.

Jody said...

The charm of Harry Potter books eludes me.

Kat Coble said...

I'm terribly sorry about that, Jody.

They're quite wonderful, in my opinion.

Emmitt said...

The puppy is an australian shepherd mix. I am told that based on what people know about the dog it should be around 50 lbs. He is about 11 weeks old and weighs right now 7.5 lbs. My puppy does have training tuition costs though.
Blades of Glory was pretty funny, but it took me a while to get into it. I think that my mind was elsewhere and prevented me from enjoying it as much as I normally would. There were of course all of the jokes that you would expect and it was a Will Ferrell movie. It was predictable fare, but that is what I needed.
The HP hole is maybe not that big of a deal and I am not yet sure it is a hole, but Hagrid arrives on the flying motorcycle that he borrowed from Sirius Black. Maybe at that point in the story they did not yet have their suspicions of him.
I also borrowed a book of predictions on HP 7. It was interesting, but after 150 pages or so, they were looking to write about something.

Patrick said...

Well poot. I want to see Blades of Glory too.