Thursday, April 19, 2007

Vacation Days 3 and 4

Well day three wasn't much of a vacation day. I did laundry and went to work in the afternoon. Day four was better. I went to Radnor Lake again and walked a trail I had not walked yet. I went to the doctor and got my finger worked on; for some reason it had swollen up pretty good. In the afternoon, I got cable. I am now sort of reconnected to society. In the early evening, I went to Lipscomb University and heard the Vocal Jazz Group sing and Jazz band play. They were pretty good with a few bobbles, but that's Jazz. I think the director there must really like fusion.

I think that over the past few days, I have noticed a couple of changes in my general behavior. 1. I don't really listen to Npr anymore. That is a big deal, since I am officially an Npr addict. Music is much more appealing to me lately. I have music degrees so you would think that would be the case anyway. 2. I don't like being alone. I have some pretty solitary hobbies like music and riding a motorcycle. I am actively attempting to do things alone that I want to do and I realize how much of my life has been spent not doing things, because there wasn't someone that wanted to do them too.

I keep thinking about church Sunday. They played a video of Bono talking about his faith and the role of the church in social/justice ministries. There are times, many times when I wish that I had chosen a more lucrative career, but I don't know that they would be as satisfying as my current job. I wonder if I took a higher paying job doing an amoral activity, would I be longing to feel like I was doing something of eternal value.

No comments: