Monday, October 16, 2006

The daily grind

I remember growing up that it seemed that my family was basically able to enjoy themselves after 7 PM. All of the chores, dinner, and anything else were basically done. Only homework could impair the freedom of the evening. While I was in college, I longed for the time when life would calm down long enough to just relax. I when from college to being a church music minister and I worked strange hours working all of the rehearsals that I had. I still longed for relaxing evenings. Now for the most part, I don't work as much as a used to, but rarely are things calm at least before 8 PM. A good part of my relaxing time is spent worrying about what I could be doing. I wonder did my parents feel as free as I felt at 7 PM or did they have things going on that I didn't even realize. I have realized that the things that I have guilt me into feeling guilty about not using them as much as I should. Strange sentence but true.

No comments: