Thursday, June 29, 2006

Bad food

I went to a famed Nashville establishment and heard some pretty good music and had a good time. I also though had some of the worst food I have ever eaten. As a former Baptist minister I am skilled at eating foods that cause me to upchuck my guts out and smile as I am eating it, but this was bad. My stomach has been unsteady ever since. I go home, get on the internet and see that the M&M/Mars factory in Chicago has been closed down due to rat feces and a fruit fly infection. I am sitting and thinking about the Snickers bar I had a week ago and struggle to deal with my gastronomic gyrations.

8 comments:

Jamie said...

Oh, come on, you can't say that and not tell us where it was that you ate! SO not fair.

Jody said...

We eat M&Ms every day at the office!

Patrick said...

I tend to get interesting gastronimical effects from seemingly benign food items like a panini sandwich.

I think it all boils down to hand washing, both mine and the food preparers... which is never a given.

Now, as far as variability in food quality is concerned, that's kind of out of the hands of the consumer, isn't it?

Emmitt said...

I am afraid that if I tell where I ate I will get sued.

Jamie said...

Well, I suppose. Consider it a review...a bad one, perhaps, but a review nonetheless.

Or you could just tell us in person next Thursday.

Jill said...

Remember that I was there with you and ate the catfish sandwich too (and thought it was good). The health inspection rating on the wall was 95. Sometimes fish is just fish and the flavor is not top notch, especial catfish.

I agree about the music--excellent.

Emmitt said...

The food tasted gross and probably was not actually hazardous to my health.

Kat Coble said...

You could EMAIL some people and tell them where it was.

Because those people are dying to know!!!!

Patrick, I think your spouse has turned you into a germophobe.