Thursday, June 22, 2006

Crime story

I love cops shows, forensic shows, lawyers shows, and just plain anything that involves a detective. I watch reality based programs like The New Detectives, Forensic Files, American Justice, and even occasionally Cops. I also enjoy fictional shows like Law & Order, C.S.I. (any version), and anything else like it. The novels that I read are mainly those by authors like John Grisham or Greg Iles.
One day, I encountered a woman who had been the victim of a very serious crime. I got excited asked her all kinds of questions and sought details of the crime, and all of the sudden I realized that I might be smiling. I quickly regrouped and became a human again, and sought to serve this lady like she deserved to be served. In my current situation in life, I encounter all kinds of people and many of them have experienced crime (in one role or the other) in their lives. I wonder has all of this crime entertainment desensitized us to the all too real realities of crime in America? I definitely was not compassionate to that woman; I was a voyeur.

I can't wait to see which Law & Orders got tivo-ed today!

2 comments:

Jamie said...

I didn't think this day would ever come.

Another blogger who likes CSI.

I'm so happy I could just burst.

Welcome!

Kat Coble said...

Hey! I like CSI. Just not as much as I used to...