Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Hollywood vs the terrorists

I just read an article on MSNBC about how Hollywood has made a public service announcement against suicide bombing to air on Iraqi television. How ridiculous! One of the main reasons why Islamic fundamentalists hate the United States is because of the products of Hollywood that infiltrate their homelands. The Hollywood picture of American life is so distorted and unreal, but that is the view that much of the world has of America. If Hollywood would really like to help prevent terrorism, start making more films that are not inundated with the worship of carnality and materialism. The PSA, I believe, will be seen for what it is, silly American propaganda, and may actually discredit American efforts in the region.

I have more DVD's than Blockbuster, so I'm not just a grumpy old man.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/13444608/site/newsweek/

1 comment:

Jody said...

You're right! How can we expect them to listen to our PSAs about suicide bombing when we also are bombing their homeland at the same time. I guess if is isn't US-sanctioned bombing then it calls for a PSA. Don't get me wrong. I support our troops, but this is ridiculous. Also, the people watching this PSA probably won't be the ones likely to plant suicide bombs, and if they are we can't expect a 30 second action model to wake them up to violence they see every day.