Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Democrat Senate Conspiracy

This has been my theory for a while, but only now have the means to share it. Democrat senators' filibusters of President Bushes judicial nominees shows that if an issue is important enough to the party the issue can be dead in its tracks. Here is my theory, the Democrat senators allow certain legislation to go through for the sole purpose of being able to claim that the Republicans did it. It seems like nothing seems to get passed other than the stupidest bills ever created (bankruptcy reform, the Patriot Act, etc). And there has never been any real discussion of real things that need to be addressed like Social Security reform, which every financial counselor I have ever had says not expect SS when I retire. I do not think that the Republicans have not or would not stoop to that level (latest federal marriage amendment), but this is my idea and I have never heard of anyone expressing this idea other than me. I basically think the Democrat Party and Republican party are in cahoots to prevent legitimate discussion and suppress other voices in politics.

No comments: