Thursday, July 13, 2006

Famous People


I have this compulsion to figure out which famous person everyone I meet looks like. The music minister at my church looks like David Hyde Pierce (Niles Crane), my brother in law looks like John Walker Lindh (the American Taliban), a woman I work with looks like Linda Carter (Wonder Woman), and I even think that a famous person, Josh Hartnett from Blackhawk Down, looks like Tommy Lee Jones from The Fugitive. I went to go see the new Pirates of the Caribean movie and the whole time that I'm watching the movie , I'm thinking Davy Jones looks exactly like... let's say Jane Doe! Jane Doe is the meanist nastiest woman I have ever had the dishonor to meet. This made me wonder, do these people look like the people I think that they do, or if I like the people, they look like actors or characters I like and if I don't like the person, they look like disgusting sea creatures.

2 comments:

Jody said...

Josh Hartnett DOES look like Tommy Lee Jones!
My husband looks like Brett Favre, Kiefer Sutherland, and Woody Harrelson.
It's so annoying when someone reminds me of someone else and I spend time trying to figure out who they remind me of!

Anonymous said...

Sometimes I think I have a sort of "slot" for certain "types" and if the "slot" is already taken than if I meet someone new that fits the same slot, too bad, they have to share. For instance, my former boss shared a slot with the actress who plays Dr. Weaver on ER. Is this making sense to anyone?