Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Movie Madness

I am a movie and DVD nuts. We have at least 160 DVD movies, 10 seasons of Friends, 9 seasons of X-files, 8 seasons of Frazier, 3 seasons of Cheers, 4 seasons of Seinfeld, 2 seasons of Law and Order, 2 seasons of Mad About You, 1 season of Night Court, 1 season of The Andy Griffith Show, 2 seasons of Homicide, and 1 season of The Flintstones. Needless to say, I have more AV media than anyone could watch in a year. Since I basically have run out of space to store these discs, today I went through my entire collection, we found 2 discs that I was willing to get rid of. It was pretty pathetic.
You may ask why so many DVDs of TV shows. There are several reasons why TV DVD is superior to movies on DVD or TV on TV.

1. Who has time to watch a movie?-A sitcom with no commercials will last about 24-25 minutes, so it is pretty easy to fit in.
2. More bang for your buck-for about $30, you get at least 10 hours of entertainment versus 2 hours of entertainment for $14-20.
3. When you watch a season on DVD, you can see the arch of story lines and see the characters develop more clearly over time.
4. Watching old shows on DVD, you relive memories from the past-The other day I was watching Cheers season 8 and felt like I was back in school doing my homework in front of the tube.
5. I WILL win at any Friends or Frazier trivia.

4 comments:

Jamie said...

You can join Muffy and I when we finally get together for our Friends Scene It Showdown. We'd been waiting for all the wedding nonsense to get over with, but now it's ON!

Jody said...

Oh- I love getting the old shows. I watched all of HItchcock Presents and I'm soon receiving "The Dick Van Dyke" show. yea!

Patrick said...

Two words: Blockbuster Online

We love having three movies out at a time... plus coupons for free movies at the local B&M.

Patrick said...

Oh... and I meant to mention... Lydia always has at least one of these out at a time.