Saturday, July 08, 2006

Iron Butt




My wife's cousin got a new motorcycle and wanted to go ride Natchez Trace. I called him yesterday to arrange to go today, but he wasn't home. When I got up this morning, I still had the Trace on my brain, so I took off. I had only ridden the Trace one time before and I rode with guys from south of town, so I really didn't know the best way to get there. I took local roads from Nashville to Pasquo and it seemed like every road had some kind of lane closure, accident, or plain slow traffic. I got on the Trace and could only ride for 20 miles or so. I ate lunch and turned around and headed home. By the time I got home, I had been on the road for over 5 hours and my rear is still killing me 4 hours later. I think that I may have killed the flesh of my rear.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

The Trace is lovely, isn't it? While the area between Hwy 100 and Leiper's Fork is nice, it gets even prettier about 30 miles down, when you come upon Jackson Falls and the like.

Lewis said...

I road the trace I think it was back in April with 2 of the instructors from the motorcycle training course that I took last year. I had a great time but it was 32 degrees when I left the house that morning. Man was that cold.